There are only few centres in Punjab/Haryana/HP where surgery for Liver tumours, Hilar cholangiocarcinoma (Klatskin’s tumour), Pancreatic cancer, periampullary tumour, Gall Bladder Cancer etc. are being successfully undertaken. My unit is equipped with most modern facilities and equipment that make such major surgeries safe.
Hepatic/liver resections are done commonly for liver tumours. It requires good preoperative planning, meticulous surgery and intensive postoperative care for good results following surgery. These cases are usually high risk cases so require care in specialized units. The following procedures are done regularly in my department.
- Right and left hepatectomy.
- Parenchyma –conserving liver resection.
- Surgery for Klatskin tumour. (Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma).
- Radical cholecystectomy for carcinoma gall bladder
- Surgery for choledochal cyst (often done laparoscopically).
- Surgery for benign and malignant cysts and tumors of liver.
- Surgery for biliary tract diseases
- CBD Exploration